things are possible, dreams feel true and for that one moment between waking and sleeping anything can be real, and then you open your eyes and the sun hits you and then you realize that...
I'm just gonna keep my eyes closed.
- Are you sure it was a bear and not a deer? There's a lot of deer in those woods. Bucks can get pretty big.
- I forgot he was dead today. For a few hours in surgery, I forgot I had cancer and I forgot he was dead.
- Be my husband, get undressed, get into bed and hold me. I don't know what you're so mad about and I don't know what you're scared of because you won't talk to me. But, I'm scared too Alex. And I can't... if you won't... If we're gonna have any chance at a life together then I need you to. Please...
- That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive.
- I'm hallucinating Allison. I have really long conversations with dead people...
- I cannot fall for a patient.
- I swear to god, Cristina... I like you. I really do. But I grew up in a trailer park and I am not above kicking your pampered little Beverly Hills ass. And I do mean physically kicking your ass.
- You never know the biggest day of your life is going to be the biggest. The days you think are going to be the big ones, they are never as big as you make them out to be in your head. It's the regular days, the ones that start out normal. Those are the days that end up being the biggest.
- I thought I was a surgeon, but, I can't. I thought I was a surgeon, but I'm not, so I quit."
- Life is short, George. Life is short and it sucks a lot of the time.
- I believe that believing we survive... is what makes us survive.
- I have an 11-year old daughter, and she needs a bone marrow transplant. I'm potentially a good match. Please don't tell anyone, please. This isn't a chapter in my history I want everyone to know about.
- People are terrible to the people they love sometimes. They're mean. You were both having a hard time and you took it out on each other. It doesn't make you the worst wife in the world. It just makes you a person who made a mistake.
- Alex? Do you wanna go steady with me.
- I'm sick... I'm sick aren't I? And instead of telling me ... instead of telling me to save my life...
Cristina: No, I couldn't do my job. I think you came to me for help, and that's what I did. Because sometimes we win Izzie, and I want you to fight. Ok. You know, for whatever that's worth. I want you to fight.
Izzie: Thank you.